Edward H. Martin, D.M.D., M.S. initially began the practice of oral surgery in Nashville in November of 1950, in the Bennie Dillon Building at Seventh and Church Streets. Elmore Hill, D.M.D. joined the practice in July of 1952. The practice continued in its downtown location until 1958, when it was moved to its new office building at 1900 Hayes Street. In 1972, the practice became incorporated and known as Martin and Hill Professional Corporation. In 1986, Jeffrey B. Carter, M.D., D.M.D. joined the practice and the practice became Martin, Hill and Carter, P.C.
In 1987, the corporate name became Oral Surgical Institute (OSI) and we began expanding to be better serve the middle Tennessee region. Our first satellite office was opened in Dickson, TN in 1987 followed by locations in Springfield and Hermitage, Tennessee in 1990, and 1992 respectively. We relocated our Nashville office to the “Midtown” area at its current location of 324 22nd Ave. North in 1992 and our final satellite office opened in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, TN in 2000. When we relocated to midtown, we were fortunate to develop a relationship with the Oral Facial Surgery Center which at the time was the first State licensed, Medicare certified, fully accredited ambulatory surgery center in the state of Tennessee.
Adam S. Pitts, M.D., D.D.S. joined the practice in 2010 and became President and CEO of Oral Surgical Institute in the fall of 2015. In 2016, the practice added its newest provider, Wm. Stuart McKenzie, M.D., D.M.D. The practice continues to expand its ability to provide outstanding patient through strategic partnerships throughout middle Tennessee.
Serving the Nashville Metropolitan AreaNashville TN • Franklin TN • Springfield TN