Edward H. Martin, D.M.D., M.S. initially began the practice of oral surgery in Nashville in November of 1950, in the Bennie Dillon Building at Seventh and Church Streets. Elmore Hill, D.M.D. joined the practice in July of 1952. The practice continued in its downtown location until 1958, when it was moved to its new office building at 1900 Hayes Street. In 1972, the practice became incorporated and known as Martin and Hill Professional Corporation. In 1986, Jeffrey B. Carter, M.D., D.M.D. joined the practice and the practice became Martin, Hill and Carter, P.C.
In 1987, the corporate name became Oral Surgical Institute (OSI) and by the year 2000 we grew into five locations in the middle Tennessee region, and added an ambulatory surgery center. In 1987, the first satellite office was opened in Dickson; 1988, Springfield; 1990, Hermitage; 1992, the downtown Nashville office was moved from 1900 Hayes Street to 324 22nd Avenue North and this same year, the Oral Facial Surgery Center became the first State licensed, Medicare certified, fully accredited ambulatory surgery center; and in 2000, our fifth satellite was opened in Franklin, Tennessee.
Serving the Nashville Metropolitan AreaNashville TN • Franklin TN • Springfield TN